Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Big Day!

Look at our big boy! (He weighs 24.5 pounds!) I think I am finally breaking Cam down to buy me a new camera so I can get some better shots of him. He's getting so hard to get a good picture of! I'm definitely going to take advantage of our family and friends who take great pics when we are visiting in Utah next month to get some worthy to be called his one year pictures!

I am so thankful for the great people we have met here. I have already learned so much from the people in Louisiana. Here are some of our friends who helped us celebrate our baby boy. We ended up having a BBQ down at the pool. I thought it worked out great!
I really wanted to make Hudson a birthday cake. Looking back now I think I was crazy, but Cam and I actually had a lot of fun making it. I just had to tell myself that it wasn't going to be perfect and I had to be okay with it. I wish I would've gotten some better pictures of him with the cake beforehand. I needed five hands that day! The ones of him eating it go in order. He was so timid at first, which we couldn't believe, but about 5 min later after everyone stopped watching, he got right into it! I love the bottom middle pic. So fun! Like most things that you look forward to, the day went by too fast! Things didn't go exactly as I wanted, but the good thing about him only being one is that Hudson didn't care! We are so thankful for our little guy and the joy he brings to us every day. I know our lives would be much more difficult without him to remind us of the things that are really important. We love you Hudson!

14 comments:

The Girl said...

How fun! And the cake looks great! I wondered how it would turn out. Those pictures of him are really cute too! And exciting about getting a new camera! What are you going to get? You should come to San Antonio and buy one at Costco while you are here! Ha! Oh...and David saw that there was that sandwich place we went to with you guys here...Jimmy something or other! Love you and Im glad the party went well...

Jaci said...

So stinkin' fun!!! I love the pics of him eating his DARLING cake! You did a great job! I am seriously impressed!
Also, your pics are great! You have tons of wonderful pictures of him! I love seeing that you have updated your blog so that we can see peeks into your life.
You are super mom Mary! I'm so glad I can learn from you-- with Hudson being a little older than Ike you do everything first. ;)

Kara and Chant said...

So fun! I love the cake! You are amazing! Fun party by the pool. It is true, kids remind us of what is important. Glad you had a good day!

Michelle K. said...

Like you said, he won't remember this birthday, but by the time he is old enough to remember then you will be a pro at the whole birthday thing! His pictures are so cute. Great job on the cake!

Liana Brown said...

He is so cute and looks so much different since the the time I saw him! Wish we could have been around to celebrate with you guys! The cake you made looks really good! Nice Job! I hope you get the new camera your hoping for... I am wanting one too! :)

Crystal and Billy said...

Happy Birthday, Hudson!

Boonie and Jenn said...

It was so good talking to you yesterday! I think it looks like a wonderful day. The cake turned out very cute and creative! Can't wait to see you next month! Love and miss you!

The Morris Family said...

Cute cake! Glad you ended up being able to celebrate with friends on his special day! Love ya!

kristen said...

Happy Birthday Hudson! Loved the cake and especially the pics of Hudson enjoying it. Looks like you made it a very special day for him. We hope you guys are doing well.

Lacey said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Hudson! It's unreal how quickly they grow up and get so big (24 lb really?)! Glad to see you guys are having so much fun in LA!

Grandma's Joys said...

I can't believe how big he looks. I'm impressed with the cake and his shirt is so cute. Glad things turned out good!

Amie Orton said...

So Mary, your video you made for Hudson made me tear up a bit. I was just thinking. "oh families are so special." and "What a lucky boy, to have such a happy life!" I really really like that idea. I might have to copy you. They change so so much in one year it's incredible. Hudson is getting so Handsome!

Jen Martinez said...

Hi Mary! I can't believe Hudson is already one. Time goes by so quickly doesn't it? He is such a cutie! I'm glad I checked in on you!!!

The Shirley Family said...

It looks like Hudson had a great birthday. Your cake turned out darling.