Monday, June 22, 2009

We got him!

For Father's Day, I wanted to surprise Cam with a shotgun that he has wanted for a long time. I especially wanted to give him something special because of how hard he has been working for me and Hudson. Well, while driving up to girl's camp a few weeks ago with the Bishop, I mentioned what I wanted to do and about 30 minutes later I had the gun bought and sitting in the truck! I don't think 10 minutes passes when guns aren't brought up in conversation here, so I had to give Cam something to talk about! :) I am usually terrible at ruining surprises, but this time it worked out perfect! Once everyone heard what he was getting, they all wanted to be there to watch him open it, so we had a big dinner together with some great food! I had given him what he thought was his gift earlier in the morning, so when I brought out another one later on that night at the Young's house, he was not expecting it at all! It's so nice to have wonderful friends here to share these memories with. Thanks everyone who helped make this special day happen!


Does he look happy? :)

Hudson loves soft blankets no matter what color they are!
Hudson has a wonderful daddy!

8 comments:

The Hoyt Crew said...

way to go Mary!!
Hope you are doing okay!

The Hoyt Crew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley Terry said...

That's awesome!!! He looks excited!!! I'm glad that Fathers Day was awesome!!

Hudson is so freaking adorable :)

Kara and Chant said...

That's awesome! I love surprises. Great pictures of his huge smile!

Liana Brown said...

Yay! Way to finally surprise him! I swear men in general are hard to get! But nice job! He does look very happy! :)
Hudson as always is a cuttie!

Carolina girl said...

That was so fun to watch. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Boonie and Jenn said...

I'm glad you went for it and got it for him. He looks so unbelievably happy! I am seriously counting down the days now! Hope your feeling better!

The Morris Family said...

Looks like he was surprised and thrilled! I am glad that it was a good day! I can't belive how grown up Hudson looks! I don't know if I am ever going to get over missing out on him being a baby and every other stage of his life!!!