Monday, January 12, 2009

Road Trip!

My friend Ashley from ATL got married this last weekend, so we made the 10 hour drive to be there. It had been 5 years since we had seen each other, and the sealing room was the perfect setting for a reunion! I love Atlanta and it was so much fun catching up with people I haven't seen since I lived there. We are so happy for Ashley and Jacob! They are a great couple! This is the house where I lived in Georgia being a nanny. I couldn't believe it, but I actually remembered how to get there with all of the trees and windy roads! I was so excited to show Cam!

We stayed in Nashville the first night to break up the drive. It was great to drive around a little before we headed out the next morning. It seems like a really fun city! I made Cam find the Country Music Hall of Fame so I could take a picture!

While in Georgia, my cousin Stacey and her husband Scott let us stay with them. We had a great time together! I was terrible at taking pictures, but we went up to Amicalola Falls and Dahlonega, played Wii, and had a good time talking. My Aunt Cheryl was there too and it was so great to see her! These pictures aren't good, and I didn't even get one with Auntie Cheryl. Sorry!


Thanks everyone for the great time! Hudson was a gem yesterday on the way home, which made the perfect ending to our trip!


11 comments:

Katie Abernethy said...

Kudos for traveling so much with a baby. I think some people think I'm nuts for doing it. Hudson is a cutie-I want him to be friends with my Hunter. Maybe one day...
We stopped in St. Louis for a lay-over on our way back to Utah and I thought of you. :)

Kara and Chant said...

I love taking road trips! So much for to see new things. The house you lived in is beautiful. Glad you had fun but glad you're back too. Talk to you tomorrow.

The Morris Family said...

Looks and sounds like you had a good time. That is neat that you got to go see the house were you nannied. I bet it was neat seeing old places and friends.

Grandma's Joys said...

Grateful that you had a fun and safe trip. I'm kind of envious, wish I could have been along. I'm thankful that Dad and I were able to visit when you lived in Atlanta, we have fun memories. I'm also happy that you have been able to stay in touch with the Schultz's.

Anonymous said...

How fun! I bet that was fun to show Cam! I'm jealous my experience nannying wasn't as grand as yours:) haha. How fun to get away and visit fam and friends,.

Kim Chapman said...

Oooh! I love looking at other people's blogs and yours is great. So glad you're a blogger. Sounds like you had a great time in ATL (Dave is actually there right now - small world). Didn't know you were a nanny either. Nice spread! I have so much to learn about you :)

Jaci said...

what a fun trip! wow, that house is cool. I bet you had a fun time doing the nanny thing. Bet you were good at it too.

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

Mary, Back when you told me that Ashley was getting married, I was wondering which Ashley. But now that I see her picture I am so EXCITED for her! :) You are such a great friend that you drove 10 hours to go to her wedding, WOW!

Yeah I loved it when we were both in Atlanta together. Remember when we were driving around, and you were talking to your mom? The phone kept cutting out and you said "sorry mom I'm getting bad reception right now because we are driving through the woods." I was laughing my head off and said "Mary goodluck trying to go anywhere in Georgia without being in the "woods" we are surrounded by trees." Ha Ha good times! :)

To bad we didn't get to see each other while you were in Atlanta. I guess we still live 2 1/2 hours away from Atlanta, but my in-laws are there it would've been a good excuse to come to town.

Crystal and Billy said...

I'm loving your blog, Mary! Nice colors. I'm glad you had fun in Atlanta. How long did you live there? The house where you nannied looks awesome; it has a lot of character.

Boonie and Jenn said...

I'm so glad you got to go. Sounds like it was fun and went well. Yeah for Hudson doing well on the drive! Thats awesome you got to show Cam where you Nannied! I bet it was fun to see everything again.

Ashley Terry said...

Remember the time that you came to ATL and I got to see you at my wedding?!?! It meant SO much to me to have you there, you have no idea!! It was great meeting Cam!! He's seems like an AWESOME guy and Hudson is adorable :)

I can't wait to come and visit you sometime soon!! We can start planning that!! I love you and will call you soon!!!!!!!!!!