Early on this week was a bit stressful for us, as our home buyer almost backed out the day before we were supposed to close! We got everything figured out and we did close, (YAY!!) but we definitely needed the spirit we felt when we went to The Forgotten Carols with my parents. I LOVE going to this! Cam and I had never gone together, which was an added treat this year. It really helped me feel like it was Christmas and think more about the things that are important. We got to share a bit of Christmas cheer the next day which really put the icing on the cake. I've been teaching at a school and while talking about Christmas, I found out that one girl's family didn't have a tree. The teacher contacted her parents for me and they said they would like one, but couldn't afford it. Well, I wanted to get a new tree after this year and since we were moving, I wasn't planning on putting ours up this year. So Cam met me at lunch one day and we took over the tree and put it up for this family. I must say that I am so grateful Cam knows Spanish because it came in handy that day! I don't tell you this so you think we're great and everything. I just would like to encourage everyone to do something for someone else. It made us feel so good and made it feel more like the Christmas season. And if you ever have the chance, go see The Forgotten Carols!
1 comment:
I love the Forgoten Carols too, I should try and go this year. I love the holidays and it is such a fun time of year to do something for someone else.
I hope you like the new Christmas look, Let me know if you want me to change anything.
Post a Comment