Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Parker B. Hoyt

Sometimes I feel like life isn't fair.  For example: the last week of my pregnancy felt like the longest week of my life and here I am a week after my baby was born and it seems like time is passing at super speed. Not fair! Here is how the last week has been for us, and it is going to be the long version.

Since this was my third c-section, we were supposed to be scheduled on the 24th. Because of the hospital not having any empty slots for the OR that day, I was moved to the 25th. (Not a big deal now, but at the time I cried because I had to be pregnant for another day.) This pregnancy was a lot harder on me than my previous 2 and I was ready! I had been having contractions all weekend, but nothing was consistent enough to make me go in. So, on Tuesday we went in at 4 and my surgery was scheduled for 6 pm. Cam went to work that day, I went about things as normally as possible, and then my mom came down in the afternoon to stay with the kids.


 We arrived at the hospital, got everything going, and the Dr was actually early! What a nice surprise, as I guess this rarely happens. Cam got to come into the OR room with me while they gave me my epidural. This was so nice because with Kenna I was all by myself and my nerves really took over. I felt much more calm with him there holding my hand and talking to me. The Drs were great and helped keep me calm as well by talking to me and letting me know what was going on. When the baby was out he cried right away, and I was given a quick peek and kiss before they took him out to another room to clean him up. Cam made sure I was okay and then went to stay with him. It seemed like forever before he came back and told me what he weighed and everything was great. 
His stats: 7 pounds 13 ounces, 20.5 inches long. 






After I was done being stitched up, they took me back into the room where we started and I let my mom know that they could come up to the hospital. Cam went with Parker to get his first bath and then brought him back to our room. Finally I got to hold him! It is still so amazing to me the love you immediately feel as a mother. My mom and the kids showed up and were really excited to meet their brother. They were interested for a min, and then were running around. My dad and sister also came that night to meet Parker.









That first night was rough. The kids were crying when they had to leave, which of course made me cry, and my pain was pretty intense. They kept the epidural in me, but it wasn't seeming to help the pain much. It was a long night of no sleep for me. Finally once they took out the epidural and I was able to get some motrin in me I started to feel a lot better. I also had really bad shoulder pain for a few days, which is normal after surgery. Funny the things you forget, but I think that's a good thing! The kids came to see us again the next day and then they went home with my mom where they had so much fun playing with their cousins. It was so nice not to have to worry about them and for Cam and I to have some time with our sweet new babe. 







They originally told me I had to stay in the hospital until Saturday, but each day I was feeling better and got up and walked around as much as I could, knowing it would help. The Dr ultimately said it was up to me, so we went home on Friday. I was so ready to be out of that dang hospital bed that was killing my tailbone! It seems almost impossible to get rest when the nurses are coming in every hour to check on you or the baby. We were really happy with our experience and everything, but were ready to be home, too.











So now we are home and trying to get the hang of things with three kids! Luckily Cam's mom has been here this week to help out. I am feeling better each day, but am still reminded at the end of the day by how I feel that maybe I need to slow down a bit. We are loving Parker and his sweet spirit. There is nothing like a newborn! He is not fussy at all, but has his days and nights a little mixed up. I also always forget how much they sleep! The kids have been good for the most part and have been super soft and sweet. I feel so blessed to have such beautiful children and wonderful family who has helped us so much. I couldn't do it without them! 












10 comments:

Liana Brown said...

So glad you posted this!! I was wondering the details of how everything went! He is sooooo dang cute!!!

Jaci said...

You glow with pregnancy and post pregnancy Mary! You should go ahead of keep having babies! :)
You look beautiful and sweet Parker is adorable!
I loved the photos of K and H seeing baby brother in the hospital! So touching! Congrats again to your darling family of 5!

kristen said...

Thanks for sharing all the sweet pics!! He is such a handsome boy. Congratulations!! Hope all continues to go well and you get some rest and have a good recovery.

Ashley said...

I love this post! All of the pictures are beautiful and he is so dang cute and it almost makes me baby hungry. Derrick is already begging me for another one so don't tell him I said that! Congrats on your new little guy!

Kara and Chant said...

He is beautiful! You look amazing! Even after having a baby you look perfect. That's funny what you said about the kids having interest for a minute and then taking off. That's how the girls were with Porter. I'm glad you have some help. Your family is beautiful!

Lindsey said...

Glad to hear everything is going well! I have to say you look amazing! I wish I looked that good after having babies! Your little man is so cute. I hope that the transition is easy and that you recover quickly! Congratulations! Take care!

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

Mary you look AMAZING!!! Your children are all BEAUTIFUL! What a sweet little family. It is so true all the things that you forget & like you said for good reasons or we probably wouldn't do it again, right?

I LOVE the name Parker it is actually at the top of our list for our baby boy. I will also be going in for my 3rd c-section, so I will have to let you know how it goes. Hope that you continue to do well, congrats! :)

Justin and Stephanie said...

Welcome handsome Parker!!! Good job Mary! You made another beautiful child and you still look absolutely beautiful! Congratulations! You are a mother of three! That is so awesome! We are so happy for you! We want to see you in December when we are in the area!

David and Rachel said...

So cute! I'm sorry you weren't feeling so great but I'm glad you are home and safe! I want to come by soon!

The Rogers said...

I love all these pictures! Mary, you're gorgeous! Congratulations on another beautiful Hoyt baby and family member. You're fabulous!