Monday, July 30, 2012

Welcome Home!

This house has felt like home from day 1. The kids call it our "new blue house." Cam and I are very pleased with how everything turned out. We love the blue! (The trim looks a little cream in this pic, but it's all white.) These are mostly cell phone pictures, but you'll get the idea. 


There were several things that we wanted in our house but weren't willing to pay the upgrades on, so we had a lot of work to do. Well, I should say that Cam had a lot of work to do! We were able to do our own flooring in the kitchen/great room before we closed and the rest had to wait until after. Our family helped out so much! 

Before pictures:

The kids and I went to see Cam while he was working on the floor



I hated having blankets over the windows!


After:

 We painted, trimmed out the windows, put in the fireplace (including mantle and tile), added can lights in the kitchen, board and batten, blinds, ceiling fans, and much more! Is my husband awesome or what?! It's still not all decorated, but I knew it would be a long time if I waited for that to happen to post pictures! 






It's so nice to finally be settled and feel like we have a home again! We are currently working on finishing the family room in the basement and have a yard to put in still, so I don't think we'll run out of projects anytime soon! And best of all? Cam is home so much earlier now that he's not driving so far to work that he actually has time to work on things! We are LOVING having him home more with us!

5 comments:

Liana Brown said...

SOOOO pretty!!! I need to come see it in person!!

Kelsie said...

Love your new home! Congrats.
By the way, Love the blue color, thats what I have been wanting!! maybe our next home :)

Kara and Chant said...

Love it! He did a great job! Love love the blue. Can't wait to see the rest of the house.

Lindsey said...

So nice! Love the board and batten. I have been wanting to do that in a house for some time! I'm glad that you have finally found a place to settle down in! :)

Jaci said...

Home sweet home! I am so happy for you guys!!! I bet it feels so nice! Where is Cam working now? I am so behind?