Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hudson is 4!?

It's still hard to believe that I have a 4 year old. I have such mixed emotions about my children growing up. It's fun to see them grow and learn, but 4 just seems so old! I really miss the chubby cheeks and hands. We closed on our house the day before Hudson's birthday, so his day was not what I would normally have planned for a birthday, but we had to get things packed and ready to go! My parents were already over helping us, and I asked my sister and her kids to come over so we could at least take the kids to the park for a while and play. Hudson kept saying he wanted a red cake, so luckily they had Spider Man cupcakes that were red at the store. We took a break from packing to go play, eat cupcakes, and then drove some stuff down to our new house so Cam and I could give Hudson his present together. All he kept asking for was a red bike. He was really excited about it! 

After church on Sunday we went to my parent's house for dinner and to have a little family party for Hudson. He loves lemon squares, which he calls yellow squares, so I made him a pan of them instead of a cake. We went for a nice ride/walk with the kids and they had a blast playing with their cousins, as usual. 

My 4 year old!

Hudson's best friends-his cousins

Singing happy birthday

So excited that they gave him a fishing pole!

Riding his new bike

3 comments:

Kara and Chant said...

Isn't it crazy our boys are 4! I cannot believe my BABY is 4. It makes me feel so old! He is such a handsome boy.

Kara and Chant said...

Oh, and you better post pictures of your house!

Jaci said...

No way! I can still clearly remember photos you posted when he was born! Is that strange? I swear it was yesterday! He is a very handsome boy! Wish he and Ike could be best buds!