Monday, January 24, 2011

Good Riddance January!

Other than our anniversary, January is so BLAH, and it's obviously much worse in Utah. Our high is going to be 9 degrees tomorrow. Can I just say that I HATE WINTER!!! Between the cold and my kids being sick ALL the time, I am done. All poor Cam hears from me or Hudson (which is much more funny and hopefully convincing) is how we want to go to the beach!

Our kids have gone through some major changes this month! It's really a bitter sweet thing for me. When I decided to go with Cam to Arizona, it forced me to have Kennady take a bottle. I had tried before but gave up after a day of her having a hard time. This time around she practically starved herself for four days, but finally gave in and is now doing great.

Hudson still asks to hold Kennady all the time, and the bottle feeding gives him a perfect opportunity to do that with her holding still. Words cannot express what a sweet brother he is.

Kennady is on the move! She had taken a few small crawls before we left, but really took off while my sister was watching her. She sent me a few videos of her crawling and people probably thought I was crazy by the way I was reacting to my phone! Yesterday she surprised me by getting into some cupboards and making a mess. She's already way more into things than I remember Hudson being. (P.S. I cannot figure out why my fonts keep changing colors and I can't fix them!)

She also turned 10 months!

We've been working on the potty thing with Hudson. Some days I feel like he is almost there, and then the next day he digresses. He does really well when you put him on it, but still doesn't seem to understand when he needs to go. He will go #2 most of the time though, which is great. I'm trying hard to encourage him but not pressure him. Other things with him: This week he started asking "Why?" when Cam or I were telling him things. So funny! He also started climbing out of his crib, so we will be changing it to a bed. He doesn't get out all the time, just when he really wants to I guess. As you can see, these two keep life interesting around here!

6 comments:

The Hoyt Crew said...

I totally agree Good Bye January!!!
but Feb is not any better.. Love your cute kids!!

Liana Brown said...

They are both growing up too fast!! Go Kennady, now you have to mobile kids.... good luck! :) Miss you, lets do something soon!

Scott and Shay said...

I love Kennady's hair! It was fun seeing you guys for like 2 minutes last month...maybe we'll see you again soon.

Carolina girl said...

They are both so adorable Mary. And I am so glad January is over too. It always seems like the longest month of the year to me.

Justin and Stephanie said...

So cute and fun! They are both growing up so fast. Kennady is on the move now! That is exciting, but sad that your babies are growing up. We are excited to meet you at the beach sometime. We miss you too!

Ashley Terry said...

Your kids are just too precious!!!! I can't get enough of looking at pictures of them. I sure miss y'all!!!!