We had some really great times this week. I am so happy to report that we got to spend some time together as a family! On a holiday! And Cam got to go to church with us! All of these things are a BIG deal to us. Most holidays are super busy, meaning Cam has to be at work, and Sundays are the busiest day of the week. However, with most people getting today off of work, it made for a slow week last week and we tried to take complete advantage. We were so in need of it and hopefully it will get us through until we can do it again.
On Friday we took Hudson to see Toy Story 3. It was a really cute movie. He did great for the most part, and Kennady hardly made a peep! We probably won't do a movie again for another year or so (especially at 7 bucks a person!) but it was fun to do something different and one of the only possibilities with all of the rain from hurricane Alex.
On Saturday Cam got off work at a decent hour, which is another thing that doesn't happen very much in the summer! We were kinda disappointed that we weren't invited to do anything with anyone and were feeling a little sorry for ourselves and missing our family, so we just thought we'd stay at home and BBQ. Then I had an idea to go and have a picnic on the beach. Very simple, but I feel like I'm always at home when we live so close to these beautiful beaches! I am so glad we went, because it was another beautiful night! It was seriously like therapy for us with the super soft sand on our feet(which you can't even understand unless you feel it yourself), a beautiful sunset, and just relaxing watching our kids smile and have fun.







Then last night we went down to the beach again, hoping to see some fireworks. It was so neat! We weren't close to any of the big shows, but you could look either way down the beach and see them going off. Plus, tons of families had smaller ones that they were lighting themselves. We didn't stay very long because of the tired kiddos, but it was a great way to end our few fun days. (P.S. I know I never have my hair done anymore, but it's impossible! You should see what happens to it after being outside for just a few minutes. This humidity is crazy!!!)

I'm not always very good about having a good attitude about our situation, but I am glad we were able to make the most of our time this week. Yes, we would rather have been at home with our families and friends, spending time together and having fun, but we are sometimes so focused on what we don't have that we forget the amazing blessings that are staring us right in the face. I know everyone has their own struggles and problems and life is just plain hard sometimes, but don't give up! Ok, I'm done now. :)
16 comments:
Your little family is sooooo cute! I love the pictures! I am glad you guys made the most of your time together! Even though being away from family and friends is so hard! Hopefully it won't be long until your closer!! I was also very happy to read Cam was home more this weekend! I'm sure you all needed it!! Love ya girl!!
Yay for family time! Im glad you all had a fun weekend and finally got to spend time with Cam. Cute pictures too! Your kiddo's are adorable! And you look pretty, as always!
Mary, I totally know the feeling!!! I'm glad that you got to spend some good time with Cam! Those moments do really sustain you for the hard times! Looks like fun!
I'm glad you guys had an awesome 4th!! Next year lets plan something where we get together!! We can come to you and play :) That would be amazing. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful family!
Gosh...I really miss you!!! I'm so glad Cam got the time off - that's fantastic.
I LOVE YOU!
glad you guys were able to spend some family time together.. it DOES really make a difference in your week! (or month)
We thought of taking Hunter to see Toy Story 3 as well. We ended up not going, but I'm glad Hudson enjoyed it. It is a fun adventure to be away from extended family and to need to become closer to your immediate family. :) That said, we should get together sometime!
Oh I am SO happy for you guys! You truly did need that. I almost started crying looking at your cute family pictures. I miss you guys SO much and wish you lived closer. I know everyone says that but we have so much fun and I know our kiddos would too. What a cute family! We love and miss you guys!!!
Those sunsets on the beach are unreal! And I would love to have that sand between my toes!!! I'm so happy Cam got to be with his DARLING family for the holiday! I hope it happens more and more often for you guys. I wish I had the humidity to blame on not doing my hair. I just hate doing it in the summer. I'd rather throw on a hat or just put in in a pony! :)
Loved this post! Wonderful photos!
Mary...YOU LOOK SO CUTE!!! I love your hair in a pony like that! Seriously...I dont think you could be any cuter!!! I am loving all of these pics! Im so glad you got to spend the holiday with your darling family! Wish you were closer!
I wish we could have been with you on the 4th... I need some beach therapy with that sand a sea breeze. D.C. was fun in its own way but, we loved our trip to the beach. If only we had a free weekend we would come down again...you are welcome to come this way if you want to brave a drive by yourself. I should just hop in the car by myself and come hang with you when the kids go back to school!
Glad you guys had a fun weekend together. Okay, seriously, I wish my hair looked that great when I didn't fix it! And I love all of the beach pictures. I would love to live at the beach one day. Enjoy it while you can! Love you guys!
I'm glad you guys got some time together as a family. I really sympathize with you when Cam has to work. Dan has been working 12 hour night shifts and then sleeps all day, even on his days off he has to try and keep the same schedule so he isn't totally out of whack. I feel like I never see him any more and it is exhausting taking care of the baby entirely by myself...and I only have ONE! Luckily, it will only last 4 more weeks.
What beautiful beach pictures!! And I am impressed at the night pictures with the fireworks. They are great! I am so glad that you had a great time!
Oh my, how I miss the beautiful beaches with the white sand and awsome sunsets. But most of all, how I miss you and those cute kids. When I logged onto your blog just now, the emotions of being there with you all came to the surface and I had to fight back the tears. I can't believe how much Kennady is starting to look like Hudson. And as usual you look beautiful as always. Love the firework pictures. Looking forward to your visit in a couple of weeks. Glad you ended up having a wonderful 4th of July.
Your pictures are so cute! I should pay you to update my blog when you are bored! I can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks! Love ya!
So I am still totally jealous of you being so close to those beautiful beaches, I love the sand there too! I also know how you can't do a thing about your hair and that humidity, I have treacherous pictures of me trying to do my hair down there in Destin. Also, I understand those negative feelings. You are a strong women and you're doing awesome with the situtaion you're in, I promise.
Post a Comment