Friday, June 4, 2010

Many Memories

My parents left yesterday. It's always hard for me to get back into a routine after visitors leave, and I feel an especially big void this time. I can't seem to do anything without seeing something that reminds me of them. I decided to just bag putting make-up on at all today, knowing that there will be several moments with tears. Even though I feel super lonely, I am so glad that they came! We had so much fun, as you will be able to tell by all of the pictures below. I just wish they could've stayed all summer to keep me company while Cam is busy at work! (You'll notice he isn't in many of the pics, but we're so grateful that he works so hard for us!) Here is an overview of what we did while my parents were here.....

Hudson helped me make a welcome sign. We didn't end up standing there waiting for them like I wanted, but we were just so excited that they were here!

The next day, we drove up to Alabama to go to the temple. It was such a treat for Cam and I to go through a session together. We live 4 hours away from the nearest temple, so it is not something we get to do often with two small children. (We also got to go to dinner alone one night. Yay for great babysitters!)

This was us before we left in the morning.

Kennady giving Papa smiles.

Well, about 6 hours later we arrived at the Birmingham temple! Funny story now, but man was it a long day for all of us! It was totally my fault it took us so long to get there. I thought we would pass through this cute little town where they filmed part of Sweet Home Alabama, but I was wrong! We just ended up on all of these little back roads and didn't even get to see it. When I looked it up yesterday, I found that we were about 2 hours west of where we needed to be. Oops! Luckily it was still a beautiful drive and we laughed about it all week!

So grateful we are an eternal family!

My parents took Hudson to play at a park while they were waiting for us.

As you can see, Kennady didn't mind all the attention she received! Both kids got so spoiled!

I thought this was such a cute picture of my mom. She is decorating Hudson's cake that I already posted about.

Most of our time was spent at the beach. There were only a few days where we weren't out playing in the sun. The weather was beautiful and we had a blast, as you can see!

Hudson and Papa had a lot of fun playing together.

Kennady was such a good sport as we carted her around. We put the pack 'n play up under the umbrella to try and keep her cool.

On Memorial Day we met up with some families in our branch. Hudson had so much fun playing with the other kids. I was just excited not to have to spend another holiday by myself!

Playing on the Yolo board.

The water felt great!

Hudson stood and jumped over the waves while grandma sunbathed.

He also kept pulling on our hands, wanting to go in the water. He loves it!

The last night before my parents left, we took some dinner down to eat at the beach. It was a beautiful sunset and the perfect way to end their trip. Cam met us down there and went for a swim before we left. He loves doing that after a long, hot day at work.

The Floridians

I think this backdrop almost looks fake!

Me and my wonderful parents.

Hudson saw my parents getting their picture taken and ran up to them. So cute!

Aren't my parents a great looking couple?!

WE LOVE YOU MOM AND DAD!!!! Thanks for an amazing week! We will remember it forever!

9 comments:

Jaci said...

oh, I bet they loved it as much as you did! I am so in love with your beach life Mary!! lucky you!!
You have a darling family dear! I'm so happy for you!

Kara and Chant said...

I know that feeling too. It is hard when they leave, but so worth it. It looks like you had a great visit. So much fun! And at the beach all the time. My kids would be in heaven. Thinking about you and hoping you are doing okay.

Grandma's Joys said...

It was an amazing week and we too will remember it forever. I have shed many tears today also but so grateful that we were blessed with all of the many, many cherished memories. I swore I heard Miss Kennady little cry today! I am so excited for your visit here even though it will be short. I think Hudson and and the rest of the kids will have so much fun playing together. Love ya'll and miss you more than words can say. Mom and Grandma

Grandma's Joys said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tina said...

OH, I am sad and happy for you! I know and hate the feeling of saying good-bye to my family. It is a real heartache to be apart. I just try to remember how sweet it is to be reunited again. Since I have had Charlie-Marie I bawl with every good-bye and several times through the next few days. You are not alone! :O)

Boonie and Jenn said...

I'm glad you had so much fun with them! You are all so cute and tan. I'm jealous! Can't wait for AUG!!!

Crystal and Billy said...

Mary, you look great!

David and Rachel said...

I'm happy you had some company!! When will you be coming this way again??

Liana Brown said...

When I looked at this post when you put it up I was wondering if they had the same swimsuit! Haha When I pulled it out to get packed I knew for sure! :) We just have good taste! They both look cute in it! Good ol' Target... How I love you!
Family it town is so fun, especially with a beach near by! Still jealous every time I look at your blog!
Miss you all!!! Your lookin good girl! :)