Thursday, March 25, 2010

Kennady Janae Hoyt

On Monday, March 22, 2010, Cam and I arrived at the hospital at ten o'clock for our scheduled c-section. They hooked me up to the IV and we anxiously awaited the noon hour. At about 12:30, they said the Dr was on her way, so they took me into the operating room and had Cam wait outside. They gave me the spinal so I couldn't feel anything, and then brought Cam in when they were about ready. At 1:03, our precious baby girl was born. She cried immediately, which I was so grateful for! They showed her to me for a quick second, then took her over to weigh and clean her off. The stats were: 7 pounds, 12 ounces, and 20 inches long. After sewing me back up, we went into recovery and they brought my mom and Hudson back. Hudson was so happy to see her and just kept saying "baby, baby." They brought us back into our huge, nice room, and there we stayed until Wednesday, when we came home. It's so nice to be home as a family! I feel so extremely blessed to be a mother of two beautiful children. I love the sweet spirit that they bring into our home. Kennady has been so wonderful so far. I've had to wake her up most of the time to eat, and then she goes right back to sleep. She doesn't really cry at all, but I'm sure that will change! Thanks to everyone for your support, love, and prayers in our behalf. We love you all!

Here are a lot of pictures from our first 3 days with beautiful Kennady! I know it's a lot, but there are so many to choose from!

Meeting mommy for the first time

Getting kisses from mommy

The new daddy

Hudson hanging out with me in the recovery room

Grandma meeting her new granddaughter

Taking sister into our room

The hospital is very family oriented and even let Hudson help with her first bath

Such a good big brother

2 days old

He is constantly giving her kisses

I am crazy about this hair and hope it doesn't all fall out!

Mommy and Daughter

I love my family!

3 days old

Hudson was driving his cars around while she was sleeping

So sweet!

This is Hudson's big brother present from Kennady


14 comments:

Morgan said...

She's here! Congratulations, she is so beautiful!

Liana Brown said...

I love her hair too!! I can't believe how much she has! Hudson is such a good big brother! What a sweetie! Update with lots of pictures as often as you can! I love to see them!

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE... SHE'S PERFECT :0) I'm so happy for you guys and glad you're back home. You guys are such a cute family of now 4! Love the hair :0) hugs and kisses,miss you and love you. Keep posting a lot of pics since we can't be there :0(

xoxoxoxo
claudia :0)

Kelsie said...

She is so beautiful!!! im so excited for you guys to have that new girl finally here. I love her hair to... Hudson is such a cute big brother..

Lindsey said...

Congrats! You are making me baby hungry again! I'm so happy for you!

Kara and Chant said...

She is gorgeous! Love her hair! That's cool they let Hudson help with the bath. I've never heard of a hospital doing that. Enjoy having your mom there.

kristen said...

Oh she is so beautiful! So, so sweet. I love her hair too! I am so jealous! You look so beautiful and happy as well. What a sweet little family you all are. Hope everything continues to go well. keep posting lots of pics!

Carolina girl said...

She is ADORABLE!

The Good Ol Days said...

Congratulations!
I love all that dark hair. She is so beautiful.

The Morris Family said...

Your killing me with all those pictures of that darling cuddly baby that I can't love on! She is soooo cute! Hope your recovery is going good and all continues to go well! Love you all!!!

David and Rachel said...

Congratulations!!!! I wish we could come meet her! Lucky Kennady will be well protected by her big brother. Love you guys!

Jaci said...

Mary, she is a dream come true! Absolutely adorable! What a wonderful family you have!!
I love that Hudson is digging right in on the big brother role. So great that the hospital was very family oriented!
You look wonderful and have a glow about you! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the eating/sleeping routine stay easy! ;) Congrats!!!

Grandma's Joys said...

Thanks so much Mary and Cam for allowing me to be a part of this special time in your lives. Miss Kennady is so beautiful and so good. I have enjoyed my time with Hudson, especially our morning walks together. How blessed you are to have such healthy, happy, beautiful children. You are wonderful parents. I will cherish these memories forever!

Boonie and Jenn said...

Oh I am dying that you aren't here with your beautiful baby girl...and you and your boys :) You are such a cute little family! We are so happy for you! Love you all