Friday, January 22, 2010

Best Surprise Ever!

It helped me a lot to get through Christmas knowing that only a few days after Hudson and I were going home to surprise my sister. Cam left the same day as us to go do some training in South Carolina and it was nice to have a break from packing. We had such a great time the week we were there. Hudson was sick with a really bad fever almost the entire time, but I think the extra cuddling was enjoyed by everyone. Here are some highlights:


We got there on Sunday and were waiting for my sister up in her room when she got home from church. Her husband told her he needed her upstairs, and this is what she did when she saw us! I thought for sure she would scream, but instead the waterworks started! So perfect!

This picture has a funny story behind it and represents all of the eating we did while we were there. This banana split was supposed to be for my dad, but quickly turned into Marlie feeding Hudson instead. This boy loves ice cream!

Tim and Kim came up for New Year's Eve. We had so much fun playing games and making lots of noise when the clock struck 12! Addie and Drew stayed up till 1 I think. We are party animals!

My mom and dad with their grandchildren. Aren't they all so cute!?

Hudson had his first, although short, encounter with snow!

We got to see Cam's family too. His sister Ashley went through the temple while I was there and it was so nice to be in the temple with lots of family. I am terrible with getting out the camera at their house, but here is Hudson with Grandma.

We also got to catch up with three of my best friends! I just love these girls! Here we are with Auntie Erika. Hudson loves her!

I hadn't seen Jason and Claudia since Hudson was just a month old. Unfortunately I wasn't able to see their kids because we didn't want Hudson to infect them. (Look at that poor kid!)

We finally got to meet Carter, Jenn and Boonie's adorable boy! Thanks for coming over to see us Jenn!

6 comments:

Kara and Chant said...

So fun to surprise people! Glad you had that time with fam and friends. Looks like it was fun.

Jaci said...

So fun! I love that your sis started to cry when she saw you. That is so sweet. Sisters are the best!
I wish we had seen each other Mary! One day we will have to do that again! Hope you are doing great! Did you get settled?

to answer your question...Ladd is still working in the same job, but his masters should help with promotions or changes down the road. His set up is great right now. If he is happy, I am happy! ;)

Lindsey said...

I love the picture of you sister! I wish that I could surprise my family! It's always nice to be able to spend time back home isn't it!

Susan said...

I'll tell you this - Hudson is one darling kid! We miss y'all in LC.

David and Rachel said...

I'm sad I didn't know you were in town:( I'm glad you enjoyed yourself though!

Anonymous said...

Ah I love Keri Beths face!:) She is so cute! I love that you two are so close even though you are so far away! I wish I would have been up and been able to see you. I miss you tons! Hudson is a doll! I swear he gets cuter and cuter every pic I see! Love you girl!