I was just mentioning earlier to some friends that I have been needing to blog, but have been waiting for something happy or fun to write about. Yes, it's true, I have MANY blessings that I am extremely grateful for. However, life is still hard sometimes. At times I feel through reading blogs and other things that people have "perfect" lives, so I decided to make a post that wasn't all roses, just in case you thought ours was. :)
A few weeks ago I had to have a lump removed from my breast. It was an outpatient surgery, and other than getting extremely sick afterwards from the anesthesia, everything went really well. The tests all came back good, and I am healing great. It is always amazing to me the things I don't appreciate until I can't do them, such as picking up my baby. It was so hard, and painful at times to pick Hudson up, but we made it and everything is well now!
Cam had to work over the 4th of July. Him working every holiday and weekend get so old, especially when I know my family is together having a good time. Cam did sneak home for a minute to say hi and then went back to work. I am so grateful for my friend Lindsey, whose husband was also working. It's so nice to have someone else to hang out with when our husbands are gone.
A few weeks ago I had to have a lump removed from my breast. It was an outpatient surgery, and other than getting extremely sick afterwards from the anesthesia, everything went really well. The tests all came back good, and I am healing great. It is always amazing to me the things I don't appreciate until I can't do them, such as picking up my baby. It was so hard, and painful at times to pick Hudson up, but we made it and everything is well now!
Cam had to work over the 4th of July. Him working every holiday and weekend get so old, especially when I know my family is together having a good time. Cam did sneak home for a minute to say hi and then went back to work. I am so grateful for my friend Lindsey, whose husband was also working. It's so nice to have someone else to hang out with when our husbands are gone.
My two pictures from the 4th. Hudson's face pretty much sums it up!
We have been looking forward to going home for at least a few months, when Cam talked to his boss and we bought our tickets. Well he found out on Monday that they aren't going to let him go anymore. By this time, we are both about to the end of our ropes! We are now hoping that they will allow him to leave in August. Hudson and I would stay a bit longer then and we would all go home together.
I know I haven't had the best attitude dealing with all of these things, but must say that we are learning and growing. The other day after a really bad thunderstorm, we looked outside and saw the prettiest rainbow. It reminded me that even when things seem dark and gloomy, we just need to keep our faith and wait for the rainbows, because they will come...even if we have to look for them.
12 comments:
This post really made me want to give you a big hug!
It is nice to have those reminders that there is good on the other side of the bad...just keep looking for them!! I know it's hard on you. I hope it works out so Cam can go home in August.
On a side note, I love the way you write.
I love you and am keeping you in my prayers :)
Mary, I am so sorry. that is a downpour! You are so good to still find the rainbow after a storm. I'm sorry about the needed surgery. that must have been scary. I would never think of something like that happening to girls our age. I'm glad you are doing better now though.
I hope you can all come home somehow and Cam can get a break from work. You guys certainly deserve it! Hold each other tight. Things will get better. You have a great attitude!
Oh Mary, we love you guys. If I were there I would give you a huge hug and we could sit and talk while the kids played. I just want you to know that you are loved, I pray for you and think about you often. Hang in there!
Makes me think of the song "Sometimes He lets it Rain" by Katherine Nelson. Very good and it might help.
Hello Miss Mary,
Thanks for your "REAL" post. I appreciated it. I agree, that so much in the blog world seems perfect- and that is the picture people paint, only what they want you to see- they edit out the details, that make people feel like they can relate.
My favorite blog posts are the true, real ones. I'm as guilty as anyone, writing about the fun things, and skipping over the mundane.
I am glad things are going well, and hope you continue to find the rainbows in you life, even the small, partial ones. I hope you get to come home soon. You are such a sweet girl. Lots of love & prayers sent to you! Muah!
I appreciated hanging out with you too! I'm not sure what I would have done with out you! Sat at home depressed!? But I appreciate you friendship all the time. It's nice to have someone to hang out with esp. with Derrick gone all the time.
Speaking from experience... it does get eaiser! But that fisrt year is super hard especially with the added stress of health issues and everyday life!
Good luck!
Mary...I can't even imagine some of the situations you are in. It would be so hard for me to be away from my family, I can't believe how strong you are. Hopefully August will work out!
That was a great post Mary! I am sorry you guys are struggling and glad you are feeling better! I had no idea!!!
This has really inspired me to look for the rainbow in the storm we are living in right now.... I don't see it yet but I believe it's somewhere! Thanks again hun!!
You are such a strong person! I can't even imagine what you have to go through. You are such a great example to me! What a wonderful wife and mom you are. You are a beautiful family! I can't wait to see you whenever that may be. Maybe you should just come in Sept instead :) Love you!!!
Life is always full of ups and downs. Things always get better though. Some downs just seem to last a little too long:) I am glad you are doing better, I am sure that was a scary experience.
I know how it feels to be without a husband. It sucks big time. Too bad money can't grow on trees.
I know I am far away, but if you ever need anything let me know! Here's a hug from Japan! XX
We are here anytime, when you need to talk, a fried or anything, just call us. I know how you feel, because my family is far away, like your family and Marc was working too much for awhile. Something I learned from that experience is just to enjoy the time we have together and forget the time he is not with us.
wow Mary, thank you for sharing. Life is like a roller coaster sometimes, the trick is to keep steady as it goes Up and then down, at least for me. I can't believe you had to go through that. i love you recognized that rainbow. What a neat blessing and neat outlook you have. that is so admirable. Yes blogging world often just shows the best. I use to find myself comparing, "i'm such a ugly loser!" Now I realize most people feel that way, I have enough ups and downs without comparing my life to others. Anway, I'm alone tonight so I'm leaving you a long comment. YOu are sucha beautiful person. I thought so the first time I saw you and now I see you are even more beautiful inside. You are one of those people that I don't know well, but watch and think "i want to be so much like her."
Post a Comment