Monday, May 7, 2012

A Litte Escape

Before I go on about our little trip, I've got to say that I could sure use an escape after this week! (Don't read if you have a sensitive stomach!) Kennady got sick a week ago, threw up for 3 days, then just when she started to feel better I woke up sick one morning. It was the first time I've thrown up while I've been pregnant. Go figure! Then the next morning Cam and I get a lovely surprise in bed when Hudson came into our room, got into our bed, and puked everywhere. Nice. By this time I was ready to throw in the towel! Oh and don't worry, that happened one more time, too. All I can say is I am so glad I have a good washer! Luckily I think we're all on the upside now.

So, back to the middle of April.......When my mom told me that she and my dad were going to California to watch my brother in a race I knew we had to go! I figured Cam wouldn't be able to take time off work (and I was right) but my parents assured me that they didn't mind me and the kids tagging along. So we took off and drove the 12 hours to my grandpa's house. The kids did so great! We stayed at Poppa Charlie's house and had a blast! The kids love he and Shirley, his wife. It was so fun to see them interact with each other.






On Saturday we went to see Marlon race. Hudson thought it was so neat watching a real race and wanted to go down on the track himself. He didn't get the qualifying time he needed that day, but has since done it! so excited for him and hope he makes it to the Olympics!


After the race we went to my Uncle Val's house and had a wonderful lunch with everyone who came to support Marlon. We then headed down to the beach. It was very overcast, but we were still happy to see the ocean and had a fun dinner for Marlon's birthday. It was such a fun day! 

 


No comments: