Sunday, March 3, 2013

SICK!

This year was a ROUGH one for us with sickness! We were fairly healthy until after the New Year, and then it hit hard! It started out with Cam getting Influenza, which then passed onto me and the kids. Luckily the kids and I caught it fast enough to get put on Tamiflu, so we recovered a lot faster than Cam. (He hacked for a month straight.) Once I got sick, my mom came and got Parker because if he got it we were going to be in big trouble. That was one of the hardest two days of my life! I felt so guilty not having him with me, but was so nervous about him getting sick. I'm so grateful we have family so close to help us out when we need it! We ended up with Influenza one more time, but just Hudson and Kennady got it that time, each kid got sick throwing up at least twice, including poor Parker, and Hudson and Kennady had several bouts with colds, croup, and fevers. (Kennady had to get steroids twice for her croup.) Hudson got so sick one Sunday that Cam took him to Instacare. He was lethargic and burning up, even after trying medicine. We called our Home Teacher over to help give him a blessing, and within minutes, he was up walking around again. It was a wonderful testimony building experience, and Hudson still talks about when Daddy gave him a blessing. I am so grateful for the Priesthood in my life! We literally didn't go a week through Jan, Feb, and March without someone being sick. The Dr's even started feeling bad for us! Luckily Parker did fairly well, especially considering how sick his two siblings were. He got a little stuffy, but I know we were so blessed that he didn't end up with the flu or RSV. I am really hoping we built up a lot of immunity this year so that it's not so bad this winter. Having sick children is extremely exhausting and hard for me! Bless Cam for picking up throw up several times (twice after being thrown up on in bed) and helping me out. I truly have a wonderful partner in parenting!

My dad took these when they had Parker. Marlie loved having a baby around!




No comments: